View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #15
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch. Over all, I identify by living my life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Thanked 1,238 Times in 357 Posts
Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

The "tags" on this thread crack me up! They read, "addict, jelli, life, repent, sinner".

My latest addiction is paracord, or parachute cord, or 550 cord. All the same by different names. In the past 3 weeks I have bought 600 feet. Getting things ready for a backpacking trip at the end of Sept. So far I have made, a belt, a belt for my boonie hat, 2 "quick deploy chains" on my backpack, and a bracelet totaling about 440 feet of it. If I wear it, I don't have to pack it. I'll pack the rest to hang my hammock, shelter, clothes line, etc. This next week, I'll learn how to make a harness out of it. (an emergency sit-down climbing harness, you naughty people!) Its a tough, versatile little rope, I'm willing to hang on just 2 strands, and have pulled a center cord out of it to use as dental floss and once as thread to sew a hole I ripped in my pack. Good stuff!

"To choose a word is to choose a world" Anonymous
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ryobi For This Useful Post: