Old 05-13-2021, 08:23 PM   #14756
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,769 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I got news today that is going to affect work for a long time to come. I'm not sure how to unpack it, really. They are consolidating two stores into one. Mine is the largest so that will be the home store and the smaller store will be a satellite store that is only open 3 days out of the week. I'll go back to being open 7 days a week. The manager there will come to my store as an equal "co-manager".

This is someone who has radically opposite political views as me, is outspoken about them in person and on social media and is notorious for not wearing her mask. She has a very strong personality and is a regular smoker so the office will smell of faint smoke all of the time with a light cover of perfume, like her current office does. I'm sensitive to smoke so that's going to go over like a lead balloon.

Oh, and instead of 85% of our quarterly bonuses that we get now, we'll each get 50% minus percentages for others that helped out too during the quarter. THAT is not sitting well with either of us.

My boss told us on a video call as he was driving so he wouldn't have to look us in the eye when he told us. I kinda want to knee the Hell out of him but I know it's not his decision. I still want to kick him for being such a coward, though. He was one when he took my employee to run another store too.

This is happening so I need to find my center on it so I can do the best job possible but I'm going to wallow in my misery for just a wee bit longer. I need to grieve for all of the planned OT I will not be getting now.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: