Old 08-01-2020, 03:56 PM   #7997
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I'd like to get another project underway, too. So, when I mentioned Zentangle Art, I was referring to the kind of Zentangle where you draw a representative image and then "Zentangle" it. See here for examples:
https://www.pinterest.com/dhrushitraval/zentangle-art/

I think color would also be especially fun to use in this project, so color or black-and-white would be acceptable. Also, I don't want to give more of a theme, because some people feel pretty limited in what images they can draw (meaning, me!).

I would also like to stick to the original official Zentangle tile size, which is 3.5" x 3.5" (because anything bigger is too much work!) or smaller like twinchies 2" x 2" (because I have lots of twinchie tiles left over from another project).

I would give us a week to sign up, 5 weeks to finish the project, and the final-final deadline of a week after that.

Does anyone have any suggestions about the above? I can open signups this week if people are interested.
Sounds good. I'm down.

I see advantages for either size and I know it's fun to use up stuff you already have but I'm going to throw my hat in the ring for the traditional size of 3.5 x 3.5 if we're doing one or the other. I feel it gives the rest of you more of a chance to actually be able to figure out what the Hell I might be trying to draw. However, you could always Zentangle some twinchie pieces and then piece them together into a larger size if you'd like. Just a random thought for you to ruminate on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
Just a thought: A totally optional theme might be nice because some people are more comfortable with not coming up with their own. In other words, individual participants might enjoy having the option to pick between a given theme or doing whatever they want.
I'm double down on this. I like options!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: