View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 05:26 PM   #20
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,958 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
I am absorbing all the interesting comments in this thread...compact thought (with intelligence) said beautifully!!@@

I especially love MsTinkerbell's funny observation about choosing!@@..I'm going to use it in rt, hope she won't mind!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
I disagree. A person who commits a crime should face legal consequences. Any/every person. When, (or if), the Mueller report ever comes out the legislature must act in accordance with the US Constitution. No matter what. Trump has been undermining so many of our institutions on a daily basis that I fear for our future. Failure of the legislative branch to act as a co-equal branch of government with appropriate oversight of the Executive branch further undermines the rule of law.

Yes, Pence is scary. No, I don't think acting as if he's an insurance policy against impeachment is the right plan. Excusing a sitting President from responsibility for his crimes would be remarkably shortsighted. Let's remember that this is all playing out against a backdrop of howling mad keyboard warriors from the left who started calling for Trump's impeachment before that evil f*ck even took office. Impeachment is a drastic action taken against someone who has committed high crimes and misdemeanors WHILE IN OFFICE! Those premature calls for impeachment undermined the credibility of anyone who has legitimately called for impeachment ever since.

Frankly, I doubt that Pelosi intends to protect Trump from impeachment. I think she's positioning herself for maximum credibility when the Mueller report is finally released. Assuming that the Mueller report finds criminal malfeasance on Trump's part, (treason, obstruction of justice, etc.), I expect Pelosi to initiate impeachment at that point.
** kittygirl i’m Flattered

I did not advocate that Trump NOT be charged or impeached, I only pointed out that you (collective you) should be careful what you wish for.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: