View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 05:12 PM   #23
stargazingboi

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~

Thanked 8,321 Times in 1,626 Posts
stargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputationstargazingboi Has the BEST Reputation

Bless Her/His/Your Heart

As a youth I would hear this phased used in a good intention sort of way. Ex: "She has cancer,and still gets up every morning and takes the paper to her friend down the street, bless her heart"

As I grew older I learned it was also used in a derogatory way: Ex: "Bless his heart, he's dumb as a stick, but he sure is nice"

I couldn't find the definition in the link provided so I looked else where. Cambridge Dictionary states it means "may good things happen to someone"

I couldn't find the actual origin..though, I do know it is used down south and the midwest more often than other areas *shrugs* does anyone know the true origin?
stargazingboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stargazingboi For This Useful Post: