Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,277 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

[QUOTE=Cin;1229656]Antisemitism is alive and well but in my experience conversation surrounding it is not usually welcomed.

What happened in Pittsburgh makes it horrifically clear that antisemitism is flourishing. Just to be clear, I'm talking about my experiences in real time and getting that off my chest, nothing to do with these boards. Your mileage may be different.
Here's a couple of articles about the Pittsburgh attack."

One of the many things of which I was unaware until I became dear friend with a Jewish dyke was how connected Jews are regardless of time or distance. As she celebrates Shabbat each week, she says she has the knowledge of people everywhere around the world doing the same thing she is doing. For her, that comes through as them celebrating with her and vice versa. I know there's a phrase for it in Hebrew; I don't know what it is. If a joyous celebration is something shared, how much worse is it when something horrific is shared?

An announcement was made at her schul about the shooting. Once the service was over, she said she went home and stared out the window until it was dark.

The apathy about the growing acts of anti-Semitism as well as the worldwide treatment of people who are not us (however us is defined) is increasing and becoming more accepted. If we do not speak out, silence becomes our answer to those who believe there is an us and a them and more importantly that one is better than the other.