Old 11-30-2019, 06:59 PM   #3876
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Killers

This is truly a difficult subject for everyone. Once upon a time, I bumped into an acquaintance who was chatting outside a coffee place with someone I didn't know, and so I said hi, and my acquaintance went to fetch coffee, and left me standing there alone with this really big fella. This fella was wearing biker logo, and so I took the opportunity to talk one-on-one with this fella, and being bloody curious, I began to talk about feelings cause I wondered what someone like that felt in his heart. (I was aware that this particular gang had to earn their "logo" by killing someone.).... So..... I asked him what he felt in his heart. And, curiously, he answered completely. He said that when he did feel inside, he felt a coldness. Without going into detail, I met someone else who had killed many years before, and the coldness coming off of him was incredible - so much so that I had to move away. I have understood that anyone who kills anyone has this inside of them, and there is nothing that would empty/heal this coldness, nothing, nothing at all, not even organized religion could "save" them. The thing is, for me at least, that anyone who kills anyone else has literally "killed" themselves.

Personally, I would not like to sit in judgement over anyone. I would feel responsible in some way, and this is not acceptable to me. I wouldn't want the bad karma associated with such a responsibility. So, the problem remains what to do with such monsters...? Obviously, they should never be allowed to live in the same world as I do and move around freely where they might harm anyone else again. Please understand that I live in Canada, where capital punishment is no longer permitted. So, the only thing I can say is that there is the judgement of life imprisonment, with no chance of parole, ever. That would be my take on the subject.

There is also the problem that approx. 1 in 25 people who are in prison for x sort of crimes who is innocent, and might possibly be exonerated. (I saw that on TV, hope I got the stats right ... not sure)

What I do know of criminal justice is that it was originally based on vengeance, an eye-for-eye... and tooth-for-tooth. The clever words of those in the legal profession seem to have morphed the idea of "vengeance" into the idea of "justice", a rather stupid euphemism. I do not feel nor think that this is justice, it is only a judgement. And, I would add, I do not believe for one minute that vengeance enacted can in any way "heal" the grieving relatives - those left behind.

What I have learned and understood is that there are professionals such as profilers who have studied "monsters" who are imprisoned and have used that understanding to catch other monsters. Not only that, but have used that understanding to discover the fact of very young kids starting off by doing harm (for example, to small animals) and someone being alerted to that and social services intervening.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post: