How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post

I'm making my own Holiday happiness, no matter what!

Good for you! Me too!

Quite a few years ago, I realized that my family was not ever going to create the kind of MGM-Hollywood Christmas I wanted. So I started my own traditions, and some of them have lasted* and some have not**. But I have plenty of Christmasy-ness - and my family of choice - to spend them with now. Today, for example, I am hanging up Christmas cards and wrapping gifts with elaborate trimmings (no bags here - unless of course someone doesn't deserve extra fancy wrapping).

(*Examples of traditions that have lasted: baking cookies; giving randomly to some person who needs it; giving to charities; sending Holiday cards.

** Examples of traditions that have not lasted (and good riddance!): baking a huge, multi-course traditional meal for my biological family who will plow through the whole thing in 20 minutes and not appreciate it; and giving everyone in my biological family "extra", funny white elephant gifts, trying to jolly them into the Spirit of Christmas.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: