Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

(chuckle) No problem,Dapper. I was under huge stress re college work at the point when I wrote that (just had a very welcome email that's taken a huge weight off my mind!), and not expressing myself well either. Yes, I got that you weren't talking about me in particular, it just struck me that you worded things oddly (IMO), and other readers of what you've said might misinterpret, so I used myself as an example to demonstrate what I meant.

I am mildly curious about the system over there, but only because the weird-sounding insurance thing piqued my curiosity. I gather it's pretty horrible still compared to here. IMO they still aren't great here; I have some knowledge of the current situation due to a former work-colleage (and previous to that aquaintance on the Goth scene as long as 20-25 years ago) transitioning recently.

Apparently once in the system now, things go far easier for folk, but the big problem is getting that first appointment - it's about a couple of years wait just for an initial appointment (in my case, it was a matter of a few months). I suspect this is due to a relatively sudden increase in numbers of folk coming forward with gender-related problems as it's a topic more talked about than it used to be.

So folk are realising younger that there IS help for what ails them, and older affected folk are feeling more able to come forward and ask for the help they've long needed. I advised my friend that under those circumstances, then the sooner they socially reassign, the better, as there is still the requirement to live en femme for a couple of years - might as well get that done whilst waiting for that first appointment!

Did you want to talk about that other issue re MTF trans folk here or elsewhere Dapper?
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post: