Thread: Labels
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 03:24 PM   #52
foxyshaman

How Do You Identify?:
spiritually minded dirt dog

Thanked 2,593 Times in 663 Posts
foxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputationfoxyshaman Has the BEST Reputation

I really appreciate the opinions and thoughts I have read in respect to this issue, here and other places. It led me on a very interesting cruise through my own perceptions and assumptions. I appreciate anything that can make me open my eyes and see things from all sorts of angles. And I must say that the voices here have certainly opened my eyes and thoughts.

I have always been a bit leary to post in these topics because I was not sure I could contribute much 'value wise' to the discussion. And then I thought well maybe I do have another point of view that might be interesting.

I struggled for many years with my own self concept and compartmentalization of my pieces. I have struggled through the years because I felt I walked in two (and lots of times more) worlds. I did not understand why my spiritual and then shamanic work was so different from others. I experienced very masculine journeys, rituals, healings... etc. Hell I can't even build a pretty feminine altar, no wonder the witches wanted nothing to do with me!! (I hope my humor is not completely lost here ). Then I started reading a little here and there about shamans being the third gender, or the multiple gender. Being a disenfranchised no tribe white woman I had no elders to say "oh yes you feel that way because...". Instead I had books written by male dominated historical recorders clinging desperately to their binary mindset, that they seemed fairly incapable of recording the special role shamans held/hold. There is an association of gender 'difference' with supernatural powers; gender-transformed shamans were quite common.

Anyway, my long drawn out point is that I came to understand why I have called myself a tri-sexual for so many years. When I found out there was an actual term tri-sexual I was... stunned really. I am grateful for the converstations I have read discussing gender issues. We all see ourselves through different lenses. I have continued to research anthropological texts and journals discussing the two-spirits, the third genders, the fourth genders... etc.

Thanks for listening to just a few of a foxes thoughts.
foxyshaman is offline   Reply With Quote