Old 08-16-2018, 09:47 AM   #3991
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,773 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I had a gym interaction worthy of nyc today!!!

I went to my old gym for a change in routine.

First, I warmed up on the elliptical.
Stats: 121 cal, .91 cal, 13:00 min

The body of my workout was weight training. I did about an hour of it. I started in the 30 minute circuit training room. I went through the lower body section nodding and exchanging "Good morning"s to people who came in and out and then, when I was on upper body, a conversation started between two older gentlemen. I let it go for a minute and then I decided to butt in and add my .02 and it worked out beautifully. The gentlemen and I continued conversating for a little while before we all went our separate ways.

We were talking about a medical crisis that occurred. Dozens of people overdosed on synthetic marijuana. The news this morning said it was laced with fentanyl. One report from a medical professional said that some of those who overdosed did it more than once; that some of them had multiple hospital bracelets on their wrists.

Very sad.

This propelled the conversation to a generational discussion as well.

If you are interested, here's an article on it.

I cooled down with a long stretch in the back on a mat.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: