CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
It was probably my wishful thinking.
Abrams has called for a recount. Kemp has only a tiny bit over 50% of the votes. Anything below 50% triggers a runoff under Georgia state law, so those as yet uncounted provisional ballots could hold the key to trigger a runoff. As Secretary of State, Kemp closed many voting locations which caused long lines in majority African American districts. He also delayed or withheld registrations for many more Georgians, primarily in African American districts, than Abrams would need for an outright win. Voters who couldn't wait on line any longer yesterday, or whose registrations were in question, could ask for provisional ballots. Many of those voters will have to provide further information in order for their provisional ballots to be certified within the next three days.

I just sent money to Color of Change Pac to help finance the enormously expensive task of identifying every voter who voted with a provisional ballot, and doing what needs to be done under Georgia's restrictive new voting laws to get those votes counted. All of that effort would very likely bring Kemp's total to below 50%, and that would trigger a runoff, assuming Kemp doesn't pull another egregious banana republic voter suppression trick out of his ass.

I am SOOO furious about this. Why isn't there a law against this? Anyone with a shred of integrity would have recused himself from counting the votes in his own flipping election!! I guess there isn't a law because it never occurred to anyone that a person WOULD NOT recuse himself under these circumstances. Kemp has proven by not recusing himself that he doesn't have the integrity to be elected dog catcher, much less Governor. GAAH! I feel so helpless. I just keep sending money.