Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

The season is nearly over here in Upstate NY. Right now it is perfect during the day.. as far as temps. However, at night.. the sleeping is pretty cold. Good weather for a fire... however, when is it not good weather for that? I have tried Winter camping a couple of times.. let us just say.. all it took was a couple of times.. and I am just able to say I did it.. and remember the experience well. laughs.

I can not wait for next season. One of My favorite spots here is up near the Alexandria Bay area.. and also a place called Black Lake in the Adirondacks. I used to go there alot when I was young with My maternal grandparents.

Which reminds Me of a funny camping story. The first fish I ever caught was a Northern Pike. Now mind you they are large and have sharp pointed teeth. We (My grandparents and My aunt and uncle) were fishing on a bass boat. Which as we all know are pretty level to the top of the water. I hooked that fish on a fake worm and was trying to reel it in.. and as fast as I went.. it would pull more line out.. finally I hollared to My gramps and asked him to help (I seriously thought this fish was going to pull Me out of the boat).. My gramps.. just said "you landed it, you have to reel it in". Well My gram was nonplussed and said "Joe, that fish is going to take her overboard" and gave him the "look". Finally, he came over to help Me. However, by the time he did I had it nearly to the side of the boat. That is one of My fondest memories of camping when I was young and also one of the funniest.
JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JakeTulane For This Useful Post: