Thread: Forgiveness
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 11:53 PM   #29
rlin

How Do You Identify?:
human

Thanked 1,190 Times in 451 Posts
rlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputationrlin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post

Or...

I can forget and not forgive. These are the situations in my life that people have passed through the portals on my journey only to bring harm, hurt, dishonesty, thinking they are better than, mental anguish and or physical abuse. I decided long ago that these people do not deserve my forgiveness and forgetting they exist is the best way for me to simply rise above their cause of suffering and gift myself with putting them out of my mind. I have learned i am totally capable of doing this. Closing a door on someone is forgetting them. Not dwelling on their behaviour or trying to figure it out is my way of coping. I will not take the energy to forgive them and I will not allow these types of people into my life....into my journey...into my head and heart. I close the door tight....they are forgotten but never forgiven.
belle...
this is pure genius... all my life i have of course heard the converse... to forgive but not forget... its obvious when you say this that you have it the correct way...
if i can forgive them...i may as well forget it... but if i cant forgive them... i damned sure owe it to myself to forget... why should i punish myself for something someone put on me? excellent premise...
i am a little tired myself... but... i had to tell you that i really admire this statement...
you are obviously a really smart lady...

b

Last edited by rlin; 09-22-2010 at 11:54 PM. Reason: to tired to type...
rlin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rlin For This Useful Post: