How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

Olive oil candles are easy and inexpensive to make. They are also very safe to burn, because the oil will douse the flame if it comes into contact with it if the candle gets knocked over. I use jars, or vases...even unique looking glasses will work. I like to use the pint canning jars too because they are heavy and they reflect well. You can frost the jar or make it glittery, whatever you desire. I use a wick stand just because it is easier to light and for adjusting the wick, these can be made with a wire coat hanger or bought. I generally just buy mine from Lehmans when they are on sale and are doing a free shipping deal. This way they cost about $2.50 each for the larger ones that fit in the pint canning jars. Once it is decorated and you have the wick set up, just add olive oil and a few drops of essential oil if you want it scented.

Here is a pic of the stands that I use.

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”

Last edited by Jesse; 12-03-2013 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Apologies regarding the huge ass pic.
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post: