christie

How Do You Identify?:
A Force with which to be reckoned
Preferred Pronoun?:
just be nice...
Relationship Status:
I call her Mine

Thanked 2,476 Times in 706 Posts
christie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputationchristie Has the BEST Reputation

Just call us Schnauzer land...

Max, the 23yr old mini schnauzer. (Yes, twenty-three) who is a crotchety ole fella. Hard of hearing (or ignoring us), only about 6 teeth left, and still plays like the younguns. He never fails to bring me a baby (he leans towards stuffed ducks) and flips over on his back so I can "get belly." I surely love that lil ole man.

Scooter, the 10ish Katrina rescue, also a mini. He is our OTJ boy. He is always very busy from his perch atop the loveseat, keeping watch. He loves to jump up in your lap and give hugs. He takes his front legs and puts them on your chest and presses down. The sweetest boy evah, and because he is so damned cute, his "chatiness" is ok.

Samson, our 6 yr old giant. That's my BOY!!! I love that big ole bear. He is quite a handful at around 120lbs, and the folks in our lil town are always stopping me on walks to ask, "Whut kinda dawg is that?!?!?" He loves to play ball and is very protective of his yard and his peoples. He was also a rescue and while Jess was initially skeptical about such a big dog, I think now Hy secretly puffs up Hys chest in pride as our big ole boy is the king of the world!

Sookie is our 8-9ish giant girl and the latest addition to our pack. She was rescued from an evil place last December and out of the 57 dogs taken from this home, only one of 13 who lived. She weighed 27lbs, fully grown, when she was found in a medium sized crate with an adult shephard who had died, curled around her. Her front teeth are all ground down from trying to chew her way out of the crate, but it hasn't slowed her appetite. I drove around 10 hrs to pick her up and bring her home, and its really been amazing to watch her go from being barely able to walk to wiggle-buttin around the house and running thru the yard with her boys! She has NO idea she is as big as she is, and tries to get in your lap sitting on the couch. She now weighs in at about 79lbs and has really settled in.

In as much work as they are, I can't imagine life without any of them. They are so unique in their personalities and bring us so very much joy!

Yay for schnauzerland!!
christie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to christie For This Useful Post: