Old 08-09-2014, 05:38 PM   #10
Cole610

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey You, Dude
Relationship Status:
Single

Cole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST ReputationCole610 Has the BEST Reputation

Help! my work mate has turned into a c u next tuesday.
Im looking for some advice on what to do about my toxic work environment.
So here is the situation.
Ive spent the last 3 yrs in a some what secluded receiving area of a large retail store.
I spend the first half of my shift working with one other person. Now up until 3 or 4 months ago we have had a very good work/friend relationship. This persons job is different than mine but crosses over a bit. So basically for the last 3 yrs minus 4 months this person actually worked about 2 to 4 hrs a day. The rest of the time was spent talking on the phone to family/friends
talking to who ever ventured back to chill and making vacation plans on line and so on. So finally the “company” is like hold on, this job is really only part time so we want you to start doing more of what I do.
Now, this person complains about everything and everyone. Gets extremely defensive and combative when I have to show them correct procedures. And is just plain mean.
In the last 2 weeks I’ve barely spoken to her.
Now heres the chain of command
Dept. supervisor- . If you look up incompetence in the dictionary well you know
I dont trust him to deal with it with out making it worse.
Operations manager- Good guy, new at the position but also has past working relationship with said, c u next tuesday.
HR- About a month ago i asked our HR person if they could talk to my work mate because they didn't seem happy.
Does not look like that happened
So please any words of wisdom will be much appreciated.
Cole610 is offline   Reply With Quote