Femmewench

How Do You Identify?:
Casual Femme Saphiosexual
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Divorced

Thanked 1,277 Times in 331 Posts
Femmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST ReputationFemmewench Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
This is truly food for thought. Are we out of touch with how what we do affects others??? ....

We live in a world where we are writing words 99% more than speaking them.(Texting primarily ) If we do speak them, it's not in person, its via a phone call. We cannot see how the person is taking what we are saying. DO we even care anymore?

The written word carries some vibration but there is no tone to match. Maybe our intent is not to hurt them, but does one care how the other person receives it? i would hope so, but i fear we are becoming completely insensitive. Do we forget there is someone else on the other end of the screen?

Sometimes our words carry a huge weight with them, a vibration, and it can really sting to the receiver, no matter what the intention. Is it just their problem? Do we get to hit send and be done? It feels so callous.

Maybe someone is having a bad day, but is the receiver aware? How could they be? If i have normal interactions with someone, then i become short with them because of something going on in my life, i at least let them know that i am dealing with something, so they aren't left to feel they have done something to offend me. i hope i do anyway, maybe i don't.

i am learning to get a thicker skin and try not to take things personally, but its tough. i wish i didn't have to do this. Maybe i am always thinking its about me, maybe i am too sensitive. Whatever the case, it's just hard.

Is it too much to ask that people put some thought into it before they hit send?

i am not a fan of digital communication in today's world.

That's my truth
On the whole my truth thing - isn't there your side, my side and the truth? I don't use the phrase mainly because it holds no meaning for me. "I believe" suffices. I wonder if it's simply a variation on "xyz holds true for me?" I don't attach a deeper meaning to it than if someone used "I believe." And when all else fails, I go to the dictionary which to me indicates it's unnecessary as "believe" is defined as: "accept as true...feel sure of the truth of'"

Communication - that should be its own thread. It's hard enough sometimes to explain face to face where you have all the cues you can receive and not have some miscommunication going on. I can read a T/F question five times and come up with six answers. I'm also a literal person; I don't get poetry for that very reason. If you want me to understand something, use clear language.

What I think is clear language and what you think is clear language may very. And thus miscommunication.