View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 09:07 PM   #79
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,108 Times in 3,757 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

...enjoy and take time for frequent family-centered dinners, at a real dinner table... away from the TV, computers and other such devices.
Even if it's a dinner for two, or just "pizza night"... sit at a dinner table and take time to be together without distractions, enjoy eachother's company and lots of laughter...or a serious talk where you give the other your undivided attention... at a real dinner table.

For years while raising my son, because we were always so busy or were distracted by TV or video games, I neglected the family dinner time....
Until his grandparents reminded me of the importance of and special communications that can happen while at a real dinner table... and it reminded me of how many special memories I have of my great-gramma while at her table. In a relationship, I think the special time spent at a dinner or breakfast table is very important and very healthy.

And it's fun to make special traditions for dinner time.... like my son's favorite that was passed down from my great-grampa..."Have dessert first; how else would you have room for it." ...I love to see people's expressions when I occasionally pull that one on them. Or, the old fashioned "pass and break the bread" at the beginning of a meal (that's one of my favorites). Dinner table traditions are a fun thing to do and opens up the door for laughter and relaxation.

I believe the things that can happen and the open communication that flows at a dinner table can really strengthen bonds in a relationship.... it also shows you are willing to MAKE time out of your busy day for the other person or family members....

I love my beautiful dinner table NOT because it is a 100 year old hand carved, honey stained solid oak with beautiful round top and "hand turned" legs, with 4 very beautiful "wheat back" solid oak comfortable chairs...but because of the many special times and memories with family and loved ones.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post: