Old 01-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #1
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation
Default Healthy Weight Loss

Hi everyone,

I looked for a thread on this topic and didn't see one...so (since this is part of my goal for this year), I thought I'd start one.

As a diabetic, I have to be careful of fad diets... and losing weight makes it much easier to manage my condition (not to mention finding cute clothes when out shopping!)

When I was first diagnosed, I followed the diabetic diet religiously, walked an hour a day, and lost 50 lbs. Woo hoo! Unfortunately, the diabetic diet makes life no fun...and I gradually went off of it. As a result, I've regained about 25 of those pounds over the last 5 years. Not a quick gain, but frustrating and unhealthy.

So...for 2011...I've resolved to get back to my walking...starting with 2 miles a day since I'm out of shape and working (as quickly as possible) back to the 4 mile walk that helped me lose weight initially, and which I know helps me maintain a healthy level of fitness.

I've also resolved to improve my diet...not the diabetic diet (cuz I'll want to hurt someone), but an easier to manage version using Weight Watchers points.

My weight loss goal (for now) is 35 lbs.

Here's a link to a very handy list of food point values (but I still cannot figure out the crazy formula on top to save my life...all I know is that about 25 points works for me).

Anyone want to share hints, tips, advice, and support on losing weight in a healthy way?