Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,103 Times in 8,595 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post
Nope. It's already been happening. Just ask anyone who is Black, Hispanic, Native American,an immigrant, transgender, etc. White women are just another subset to add to the group. And let's be honest, for all of those women who fall under the groups I mentioned above, what is happening now is nothing new to them. It's the white woman that is now feeling it. I cannot even imagine what a non-white woman has been thinking watching this because because they have been dealing with this and fighting forever.

It would be an absolute insult to millions who have already been fighting for their rights to insinuate that a Civil War is now starting simply because white women are affected.
I don't know how to thank you enough for this posting, tantalizingfemme.

I can barely speak about these things without literally choking up—the words get stuck in my throat and I become defensive.

I usually don't discuss these subjects with anyone outside my circle of friends. This isn't unusual with Black women my age—at least among those I know. It's easy for us to speak among each other, but not with those outside our circle because we're often accused of being divisive, petty, unsupporting, the list goes on ... and it's just not worth the headaches and heartaches we face. And no, I feel no responsibility to create any bridges.

So thank you for expressing something that I cannot or will not discuss. You get it.

Hoping one day we meet so I can thank you in person.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post: