Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,131 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

When I get down at this time of year (and I do...oh I do), I remind myself of my personal motto which is: "seek joy, y'all".

And I aggressively seek joy. I remind myself that if I feel left out or ignored by friends it is only because they don't know that I need them. It's my responsibility to tell them I'm lonely and could use a hug or a smile.

And I always find that by giving a smile or a hug, I somehow magically get one back.

Yesterday, I expected to be alone. But an invitation came out of the blue and I accepted. Even though I thought of a million ways not to go (I have social anxiety that I am working on), I went.

And you know? I had a great time. My day was full of food and laughter and new friends. Just emailed one today in fact.

So good on you all for reaching out and remembering how to seek joy for yourself. You bring joy to my life by sharing that journey.
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post: