CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

We always shred ourselves and each other looking for the perfect, pure candidate. We do such a good job that the conservatives don't have to do much to scoop up a win. They just show up looking coherent and well dressed while our people are still staggering up, trying to wipe up the mud we've slung at each other, and then our opportunity is gone. 'Perfect' is the enemy of 'good'. That said, I have my doubts about the below candidates we've been discussing.

Michael Bloomberg, Chuck Schumer, Bernie Sanders, and almost but not quite Cory Booker.

All of the above have one thing in common. They're from NYC, just like Trump. In Booker's case he's from one state away, (NJ), where a huge number of citizens commute to their NYC jobs.

I'm a native New Yorker, and I think it's a bad idea for the Dems to nominate a New Yorker for Pres on this round. I think everyone is about done with it, but I may be misreading the US electorate. I also think that there are some things that work regionally that WILL NOT PLAY in Peoria. Like Bloomberg's nasal whine. Yes, I think the US is so rife with anti-semitism now that a wealthy Jewish candidate would be an impossible sell. I wish I were wrong, but I doubt it. Bloomberg, Schumer and Sanders all have Jewish heritage.

*Bloomberg became a Republican to run for Mayor of NYC and was responsible for the incredibly racist, damaging, and unconstitutional stop-and-frisk policy that ended up terrorizing our young black men city-wide. He has so many other vulnerabilities as a candidate that I'm having trouble believing anyone would take him seriously. Is anyone prepared to support an extraordinarily wealthy candidate who proposed a law, (in a whiny voice), outlawing large sized soft drinks as a way to combat obesity, for instance? Not to mention that the credibility of the Democratic Party would evaporate with people of color because of Bloomberg's legacy in racist mass incarceration.

*Chuck Schumer is the very definition of slippery political insider. No, no, and HELL NO. He functions well where he is, and would be lost on the campaign trail. And he's boring. He knows how to wring concessions and get his agenda passed in the legislature. Period. Don't enact the Peter Principle.

*Bernie Sanders is too old for this job! Are you effing kidding me? PS-so are Joe Biden and Hillary Clinton. I don't care how charming Sanders and Biden are now, or how supremely overqualified, (except for that pesky vagina of her's), Clinton is. They would be in their eighties for the second term. That ship has sailed.

Cory Booker is a native of NJ, and I could support him, I think. See above- 'perfect' vs 'good'. I admire him for a great many things and disagree with him on a few. He seems to have what it takes except for experience, but at this point I'm not nearly as hung up on that as I once was.

I still think it's time for someone who isn't from the New York area. Someone with manners, please. Trump was our embarrassing village idiot since his coke and disco days. I'm so embarrassed and sickened by his antics every day. Many Americans share my feelings on that subject. Because of that, I think anything that looks like 'New Yorkness' will be an even less attractive trait by 2020.

That said, I'm voting for the 2020 Democratic nominee no matter who it is.