Old 09-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #5
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,892 Times in 5,770 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girllikeu2 View Post
Hey all,

I am here HEAVILY considering a mid life career change and wondering who else has been insane enough to try and pull off a career change at midlife?

I am currently a teacher and I am in the beginnings of researching Nursing schools. Just looking for a few people who have BEEN THERE or who are there NOW! (not in nursing - though if you are, I WELCOME your insight --- but in the career change club too)

Love to you!
Healthcare is never a poor choice. Nursing is an excellent choice. Get a two year R.N. to start and make about the same amount of money as you would as a person who has been teaching for 5 years. The hospital you work at will no doubt help you pay for your Bachelors and then your Master's.

Nursing is the one career where you can get a degree and start making great cash right out of the gate. If you are considering a career change, health care (especially nursing) is it! Go for it!

I wouldn't consider changing to a career where you would make less money, or if would take an extraordinarily long time to get back up to your current salary, especially if you are going to have to go to college ($), to do it.

Benefit/cost analysis!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?

Last edited by DapperButch; 09-29-2013 at 07:21 PM. Reason: added
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: