View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 06:20 AM   #174
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
Have had many insights (aka Vipassana), without belonging or following any "group". The release of energy coursing through the body is wonderful, and have liked the changes they have brought about, the healing. Seeing what is true or what is false is always so liberating/freeing.

Sorry to hear about Shambhala group. Didn't know about them.
I was referring to the Insight Meditation movement, not even to the meditation practice and certainly not to a momentary insight. It's a Buddhist Tradition. It had its flaws to be sure, but it offers a bit more than access to aha moments during meditation. Glad you are doing well on your own. Many practitioners do. But IM is more than whatever you meant dismissively as a "group."