View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #11
Tangle

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme w/o the high maintenance
Preferred Pronoun?:
Two guesses ;-)

Tangle Has the BEST ReputationTangle Has the BEST ReputationTangle Has the BEST ReputationTangle Has the BEST ReputationTangle Has the BEST ReputationTangle Has the BEST ReputationTangle Has the BEST ReputationTangle Has the BEST ReputationTangle Has the BEST ReputationTangle Has the BEST ReputationTangle Has the BEST Reputation
Default yes...

While I don't actually identify as a "lesbian," I so understand the disappointment and indignance brought on by people in the queer community who question my stated identity and tell me that the way I love is just too different. People in the dyke community - who *should* understand the need for non-judgment and a person's right to determine her own boundaries and definitions - can be extremely boxed in. I guess it's just the story of humanity that we all want to identify self from other, in from out, safe from threat ... but it is just plain hurtful sometimes when you expect to feel like you're in a safe space, and a big part of your core self (who you love and how you express it) is criticized.

I guess the beauty of experience, though, is the grace to be able to say "fuck it" and live your life. With a smile and curtsie!
Tangle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Tangle For This Useful Post: