View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 03:32 PM   #17
ArkansasPiscesGrrl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
feeling pretty darned blissful right now!

Thanked 3,080 Times in 741 Posts
ArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST ReputationArkansasPiscesGrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Guess I have met several folks over the years....

I used to be extremely active in Democratic politics in Omaha NE years ago. I was one of the State Chairs of the John Glenn for President campaign. After he and his wife Annie came to Omaha for a fundraiser, we were driving them back to the airport the next day. When Sen Glenn got out of the car, he came around to get his bags out and my 2 sons were there peeking over the seat. He whispered to them "Do you want to see the inside of my jet?" they screamed YES! We all got to climb into his private Lear jet. He and his wife then signed autographs for the kids, which they still have.

I also worked closely with the mayor of Omaha, and my boys thought he walked on water. I used to goad them into cleaning up their toys from the front porch and yard by telling them "Mayor Mike might be coming over!"

I have worked with several Democratic figures over the years, and have met (and worked for) Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, and several others.

Entertainment people-wise, I was working on an assignment once in Memphis, and was staying at the Omni hotel. I had gotten into the elevator to go to my room once, and before the doors closed 2 huge men walked in, followed by Michael Jordan. I am tall, but dayum these guys were HUGE! I just stammered out a Hi, how are you. MJ just smiled big. If I would have had a pen I would've asked for his autograph. He was in Memphis for the St Jude golf classic. At the same hotel, I sat and talked one night to Jim Nabors. Really nice guy!

Now, in a blatant play here on the planet, I can also claim that I have had Medusa and Jackhammer over to our house for BBQ! LOL

APG
ArkansasPiscesGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ArkansasPiscesGrrl For This Useful Post: