Old 02-09-2010, 10:47 AM   #25
Liquefaction

How Do You Identify?:
Femme with a dash of tomboy.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Liquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST ReputationLiquefaction Has the BEST Reputation

One of the hardest lessons for me to learn was that forgiving yourself, others, or asking for forgiveness does not undo any of the wrongs that were committed, intentional or not.

Like most have said, I too find it very hard to forgive myself for the things I have done. But if I can not find a way to move past them how can I learn from them? There have been times when I did not learn all there was to learn and wouldn't you know, I would make the same mistake again. That is when it gets really hard for me to forgive myself but I know I have to try!

I have forgiven others for actions that I will never understand, (some things are beyond reason) but as I found out recently I still carry the memories and emotions with me. I wonder if there is still more for me to learn?

Finally, asking for forgiveness is never easy! As the years pass, I have learned that it takes a much stronger person to look someone in the eye and say "I was wrong." and ask for forgiveness than to pretend I did nothing wrong or trying to find the closest rock to hide under. Humility is a hard lesson to learn!

I do believe some things are unforgivable and hope I never have to experience them myself in order to know if this belief is valid!

Last edited by Liquefaction; 02-09-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Liquefaction is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liquefaction For This Useful Post: