Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Jennifer, (hello)

I happened to have had a pretty powerful blender. I never bought a *juicer* I've been tempted, but always say, Why? my blender works just fine.

I started doing this just with good yogurt, the banannas that I prepeel and freeze (whey) but you don't have to as Linus explained. One day, I was out of whey, so I dumped cottage cheese in. Loved it. Next time I made that, I tossed in flax seeds. Tasted no different (but I knew flax seed was good) One day I became brave, and used the bananna, yogurt, some ice cubes, and flax seeds and bagged baby spinach. (i tore the stems off, but that's just me) It was great!

Celery, as I was trying to explain...can be stringy, so I try to pull the strings when I break a piece then dice up celery I am going to use so the blender will puliverize it and there won't be strings. This was how it all began for me. It's basically smoothies with some greens.

I am very lucky, In my shopping district, there is an oriental market. I get some things there. I also have picked up goodies at some of the super sized GNC's and then there is old faithful, the internet. If you have a whole paycheck store (whole foods) you can ask around in there, half of the staff at my local whole paycheck are raw dieters or juicers. They'll make some suggestions to you. I didn't stock the house in one shopping trip. I've been on my *raw* and juicing journey for years. So I have goodies to add. My refridgerator and freezer are stocked with some strange items. Just do what works for you. Live food makes you feel pretty darn good, but I still crave cookies

Now, Some veggies don't all break down....beets, carrotts, thats why I suggested the paint strainer bags at home depot. I personally don't like chunky juice. So I dump it into a paint strainer bag and squeeze the juice out. It's just one more step....but worth it...(but thats down the road, first get used to a simple green juice) It's worth repeating this part. If you find you are choking (gagging) these drinks, juicing may not be for you. Eating raw has the same benifits. Juicing is alot faster, and your body will metabolize it much quicker. Do not ever eat bread while juicing or eating raw.......your stomache will ache.

Feel very free to ask us any questions, thats what this thread is for. I'm sure we all go about it a little differently.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post: