Old 06-13-2011, 11:04 AM   #210
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,893 Times in 5,771 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfembbw View Post
morning, greco! your post was like a poem, wonderful to read!

what is the vitamin D3 for? and when you mention vitamins, are these in powder form?
Besides what greco and Yellow band said about Vit D, it also helps your body absorb calcium. That is why many calcium tablets come with D now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
If I may jump in here. A good multi vitamin should be all you need, unless you know you are in need of a little more help. You pee vitamins out. The best way to get vitamins is through food.

I know I am a high enery endorphine junkie. Endorphines can be positive or negative. (positive for me, because I'm so vain) so the B family is essential. (supplemental)

D-3 is a nice helper in areas that do not get sunshine frequently and especially in the winter (i/e seasonal depression). People who use total sun block may want to consider taking a d-3 supplement, similar to how plants need water and sunshine for osmosis, so does the human body.

I take GNC's womens ultra mega, and have since the beginning of time. But I recently read an article that rated centrum and Targets' Up and Up brand very high. Huge difference in the price too. I'm considering changing.

Redundant, try to get your vitamins from food. One orange is a third of your vitamin c requirement. In fact, mandarin oranges (the smaller ones)
one of those is half. Please do not drink store bought juice. Loaded with sugar. Eat the fruit instead.
When I was on chemo this winter I took B complex to help with my immune system. As some of you might not know, chemo really knocks down the immune system. I did not have one single sniffle this winter even with being in a small office 9 hours a day and with the door shut with people who had colds and other illnesses, at any given time.

The brand that I used was through Shaklee. I chose this brand due to reading about the B vitamins that are supposedly best for the immune system per this book I was reading on cancer). Shaklee was the first comany that I found that had all of the B Vitamins suggested in one pill. The good thing about B Vitamins is that they are excreted through urine, so you don't need to worry about taking too much of any one B Vitamin.

Hope it is ok I am jumping in on this discussion.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: