How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,618 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

For all intensive purposes – what does that mean? For reasons that have a high degree of emotional excitement or depth of feeling?

Suppository of information – I knew someone who said this. He also had a self defecating sense of humor.

Near miss – do people listen to what they are saying. If it is a near miss then it is a hit. Why would you call a hit a near miss? Just say, it’s a hit. And if you mean it wasn’t a hit but a miss then don’t call it a near miss because that’s a hit. Just call it a miss.

Stoked – please don’t say that.

My jam – I heard someone say this the other day. I thought it was dead. Hopefully that was just a last gasp. I hate that term.

#YOLO - I hate this even more than my jam.

Moot point - I have to mention this again because I just heard it used on a tv show, The Good Wife. Someone said it was a moot point because the bus carrying a particular individual had already left. I found it especially annoying because moot was originally used in law and the show is about lawyers. Moot means debatable. However, like the word nauseous, which means causing nausea, can now be used as feeling nauseous because of popular usage, moot can now be used as having no practical relevance. It is interesting how, in American English, if you keep using a word the wrong way and get all your friends to do it and they get all their friends and so on the word will eventually change to agree with your usage.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote