Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
He’s my One & Only

Thanked 32,009 Times in 9,947 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

In my former years long career, almost everybody I worked with or served knew my specific orientation. Mostly because people would share some personal facet of their life, while performing an service, which would give me an oportunity to disclose my own life experience. Of course, coworkers or clients would always express surprise, to some degree, because on the surface, my physical appearance gives no clue that I am of any persuasion other than straight --- which has always been my experience, people assuming I am straight.

And, after leaving that particular safety of my years long profession as an hairdresser, stylist, colorist, etc., and merging my skills into a completely different work force, people would still most always learn in face to face encounters about my kind of orientation, due to people disclosing some form of work place harassment and needing to know how to handle it, who to report it to, stuff like that.

I think that's one of the particular un-asked for situations that presents certain challenges, which is not always the challenge for people who are easily read as being lesbian or dyke or some other form of obviousness (in my own opinion, my own experience in life). My own kind of orientation (bisexuality) is not easily understood, even by others who might be of similar persuasion. And, most often, it's awkward (for me) to always seemingly be in a position where it seems like I'm forced into doing someone's homework for them, which I don't relish at all.

Anyway, thankfully my employer does have an enforceable diversity policy and it's never become an issue for me at my workplace campus. Most anyone who knows me, knows me in personal ways. And for the most part, I'd say the workforce on my work campus is heavily represented on the LBGTQ side of life. Probably more so for L G and Q; with probably an smaller representation for those who are B and/or T.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: