View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #10
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkchomp View Post
I believe in God because our bodies are walking miracles! When I was in high school, biology, we took a drop of our blood and put it on a slide. we put some kind of solution in it that slowed all the processes in the blood down and then we looked at it in a microscope. It was fascinating and it blew my mind!!!!

~~~shark~~~~~~~
I had my daughter through IVF. I saw her on an ultrasound monitor when she was 'nothing' but a follicle still growing inside me. I saw her under a microscope when was 'nothing' but a newly fertilized egg. I saw her, again, on a monitor, not once, but several times as little by little, she grew into something recognizable as a baby. And then, finally, I saw her when the doctors placed her in my arms.

The birth of a child is a miracle in its own right. But to actually witness its very conception, yes, I think that was the point at which - as Julieisafemme said so beautifully - I began to feel God.

Thank you to everyone who's posted.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post: