Old 01-17-2010, 04:18 AM   #18
key

How Do You Identify?:
androgynous, gender-queer, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
depends on person addressing me
Relationship Status:
merrily single hopefully married one day

key Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputationkey Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default I have the God gene

The only way I can explain "why" I believe in God is: It's in my genes. I do not believe that those who are atheist or agnostic are wrong, and I know that while I walk this earth I will never be able to prove the existence of God. So to paraphrase the great Lily and Jane "it's a collective hunch." The more I study my ideas of God the less form God has, the more formless, more like pure energy God is for me. I sometimes think of It as the stuff between all the stuff we experience with our senses, the cosmic glue holding all that stuff together and out of which all things are formed. Its not the tears or the laughter, its the energy that creates those experiences. But of course it is those experiences too, they are not separate, nothing is separate from God. Nothing.

The pronoun that suits It best for me is "It", though that is not as warm and fuzzy and as personal as I experience It. And I do still talk to Jesus sometimes, but that is different (for me) than the entire experience of God.
key is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to key For This Useful Post: