View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #1070
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default We move on.~~~

Hello to the Thread Readers and supporters, .It's been a while since I posted
I posted this in the What Are You Thankful For thread, and realized, it had a home here too.

Cancer Support is so important. With it, I breezed through three months of radiation treatment, tests, and occasionally fast moving side effects.

With A new wonderful lover at my side, or just a phone call away during working hours, she kept my mind and body happily occupied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
I am thankful to be where I am today. I am strong, courageous and alive, and in love. I am thankful for the love that came along at one hella time. We weren't lookin and Cupid hit us both. I am thankful I didn't get furloughed. So many many things...*
just a few

Celebrations and dates are funny things. We remember things by calendar days, lengths of time. birthdays, marriages, separations, when we met. I had uterine cancer 9 years ago May 15,

A wonderful woman who has taken me by surprise came into my life on Father's Day, 4 months ago. Two days after that I found out I may have recurring uterine cancer from 9 years ago. "Suspicious cells from a pap smear" or as I said my prostate was actin' up.. I went through the PET scans, and blood and other imaging tests and was silent until it was confirmed. When I told her, and said the recommended radiation for 3 months, she said, well, no big thing, we can get through this together. So we will have another 9 or more years, so let's just do it.

I could have had my "targets" tattooed, but I chose not to, so had spots glued on instead. No biggee she said.

She said , so let's get matching tattoo's. MY very first one...the Kanji symbol on my signature line which I have had for a very long time is now on my bicep., she has the other two symbols on her right hip. We Celebrated our tattoo's at Bennihanna's, where the manager blushed and grinning said..Ohhh..you the Boss, ..she Ummm, the Bosses girl ...Yea, sorta

I took a break from treatment in Sept, and we went to Little Rock and had the greatest time with the family full of love and orneriness, and we were loved and cared for by so many. Thank you to...all.

5 days a week I had external radiation to my pelvis since the end of August (except for 3 days when we escaped to be with Chosen Famiy. We took off for the Reunion )

She went with me that week to celebrate as two of the women in our "Dorm" finished breast radiation treatment. They brought donuts and brownies and laughed about life. I gave them daffodil bulbs to plant and watch for in the spring. We were all thankful to be there. A Club we didn't want to join, but are lifetime members.

Yesterday was the second of three weekly internal treatments.

One week to go. One more brachytherapy treatment next Wed.

Celebrate: We are going to Coronado Island Resort to celebrate the beautiful sunset tomorrow night, and go to a party in San Diego.

I Celebrate life every day cuz, damn it can just get away from you like the sand in an hourglass.

Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post: