CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
The full quote is:

Grief never ends...but it changes. It's a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith...it is the price of love.

Author unknown
What a spectacular quote! It gives beautiful, succinct voice to my process around my own losses. I try not to let my losses define me, profound though they may be, but they're still potent, and still very present. Eventually they recede and become a part of my life rather than my whole life, but they all still take up quite a bit of room in my head.

I find that it's therapeutic to write. I wrote a piece about my late partner and how her loss intertwined with the death of my next girlfriend. Finishing that story walked me into a much healthier place. Now I'm writing a piece about the woman who raised me. Her's was first loss that knocked me off my feet. That was 1992. I cried for a solid year, and I still miss her terribly. I feel that if I don't write down everything I can remember right now I'm at risk of losing those really precious moments forever.