View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 12:05 PM   #45
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
I'm a scenic artist/sculptor. That means that I create scenery for the movies, tv and theatre that you watch. My specialty is in sculpture, so I can be called upon to make anything from an excellent copy of a classical sculpture, or an amalgam of several, to a convincing rock cliff for a stunt which involves pizza loving turtles and their careening vehicle. Faithful reproduction of the historic Copacabana palm trees? I'm your gal. Soft surfaces for stunt people to land on which look exactly like asphalt? Yup. I can do that. The work is hard and our days are long, but usually interesting.

I'm a professional sculptor. I still make my own art sometimes, but I need to set aside chunks of time off to do it. After ten intense hours of producing scenery my creative moment is usually over for the day. I really like what I do, and I'm good at it, but I'm much happier now that I've come to realize something really important about myself and my profession. I have an art career in order to finance my motorcycle adventures. Artists usually finance their art career with some other form of employ, but I'm doing it the other way around. It's weird, but I'm a lot happier now that I understand this important thing about myself.
Hi Cheryl!
I thought about making this a private message, but others may want to know about a new product I've discovered.
Have you heard of or used Thibra?
It's a versatile, thermoplastic sheeting you can turn into anything as long as you have a heat gun.

A friend of mine gave me a sheet to mess with, but I'm waiting for the midterm election results to see if Good Toast or Bad Toast gets to try it out first.

Check it out!

http://www.thibra.com/
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post: