femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,724 Times in 5,083 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I carry snacks in my purse and gym bag. Here's some of what I like:

Extend bars (150 cals each): http://www.extendbar.com/ (keeps your hunger down and your blood sugar in check). They are sweet and filling.

Apples and nuts (love raw cashews)

Whole wheat pretzels

oranges

bananas (good for potassium)

From the health food store: dry roasted edamame dusted w/wasabi powder. These come in a pack, and one-fourth of a cup is 130 calories. Snacks should be in this range of calories up to 200. I like these because they are spicy due to the wasabi. I love spice, and it gets me to drink water. They also come in a lightly salted flavor.

Pre-bagged popcorn from the health food store.

Here are some of my fave snacks that I can't carry around:

O% fat Greek yogurt (Greek yogurt is high in protein.). FAGE is my fave brand. I have this at least once a day, usually for breakfast. It's protein packed, and I add berries or banana or raisins or dried cranberries and walnuts, along with cinnamon and flax seed, plus whole grain puffs (my fave are Kamut grain). So yummy and filling.

String cheese, raw pistachios, and an apple.

I'm a vegetarian, so I buy fake/soy "ham" and wrap a few slices around a string cheese (like a sandwich wrap) and dip it in mustard while I eat it.

Whole grain rye crisps w/melted reduced fat cheese and salsa (healthy version of nachos)

An apple w/natural PB (I actually also buy individual PB packets, to make this an "on the go" snack)

Whole grain crackers (try "Mary's gone Crackers" brand) w/hummus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post
ohhh , i know mad poster is back again.. LOL..
they dont call me miss gabbalot for nothing!!

question for ya's : can anyone suggest some healthy snack ideas ? i always buy some fruit, i need something crunchy and sweet or to kick those cravings.. i'm a potato chip lover and steering away from those obviously, but find i'm constantly craving those lol.

i know fresh pineapple is something that curbs my sweet tooth craving, but i can't buy enough for everyday LOL.. i need more ideas.. any suggestions you all have for snacking i'd appreciate..
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: