View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #91
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialjustice_fsu View Post
Although I have not heard the most recent update on the oil spill in the northern region of the Gulf of Mexico I am acutely aware of what is about to happen to our coast line within a matter of days, perhaps hours. I reside in Pensacola, Florida. We have the whitest beaches and the most pristine sapphire waters in the southeast and likely in the entire United States. We rely on the abundant seafood that comes from our unpolluted, well-stocked waters. This is being threatened as I write this. The oil rig explosion killed a number of hard workers and I believe 11 of the worker's bodies have not been found and the search has been terminated. Add this to the likely horredous toll this spill will take on our fishes, sea life and wildlife along the coast and my heart aches. I do understand this oil spill may make the Exxon Valdez look lame. WTF is happening to our gifts we have had bestowed upon us as we partake of the goodness of the beaches and our waters?
Many of my family have asked me why I abhor oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico. I say to that: Come with me. Now. Look. Then ask me.

We have a tremendous lobby group in our area...Emerald Coast Waterkeepers...and they have repeatedly provided facts and figures as to the likelihood of this type of accident occuring. Perhaps, someone just might listen up as the voter's watch the elected official's voting record as well as who lines your deep pockets.

Please, BFP, just keep our area close to your hearts for a while. I am a volunteer for our Wildlife Sanctuary and we are pulling out every stop we can to prepare for what is at hand. Please pray that we have effective leadership and healing hands as we take a seagull, pelican, sandpiper and so on to clean and try to restore them to some degree of normalcy.
Thank you, BFP. You, of all groups, I know understand the depth of this mess and, perhaps, collectively we can all send energy to those in this massive clean up.

I share your concerns and grief.
Here is the latest video:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...p/?cl=19861770
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote