How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,151 Times in 5,128 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I went to see my mom this weekend, and it was a good visit. She seems to be doing better, which I think may be because she's spending more time at my sister's house. They finished her mother-in-law suite, and it is really nice. It is still difficult for her to think of the words she wants to say, but I just wait for her, as when I'm visiting her I literally have all the time in the world to wait. I concentrate on not letting it get on my nerves, and not trying to finish her sentences for her unless she's really stuck on a word.

We went on a shopping trip to the mall to get a birthday present for my sister. My mom was able to express some opinions on different items, which she often gets frustrated and cannot do. We also cooked together - this is hard for her nowadays, as well, but she's fine as long as she only has to make one dish. I also showed her my Zentangle workbook, and we drew some Zentangles together. I was very pleased to see that she was able to draw and make some decisions of her own about what to draw, and make artistic decisions.

She seems to be on top of her medications, too. My sister made her a very explicit pill box container, that is color, time and date coded. It really seems to be working for Mom. The times when I checked on her this weekend, she had taken her pills on time. I think this is something that has improved by her staying with my sister also - they keep her on schedule, and so now it has become a habit.

My mom is not ready to go live with my sister full-time, although my sister wants her to. Mom talked about how calming it is for her to work in her yard; she is a very accomplished gardener, and her yard shows it. If she stays away from it for more than a few days, though, it can start to get away from her. She is completely against having someone come and do her gardening for her, even just to cut the grass. She also enjoys being on her own for periods of time. I'm hoping she will be able to hang in there and continue to enjoy her own home for as long as possible.

As for me, I'm feeling a good deal more relaxed than the last time I saw her. Her medications are straightened out. She's keeping herself fed, the house is super-clean as always, and of course her yard is lovely at this time of year. She knows the people who live around her, and our relatives and some family friends drop by and see her from time to time. Honestly, I'm more worried about my sister than my mom at this point. She is stretched thin by all she takes on. I'm not sure what else I can take on to help her at this point, but at least I can give her a reassuring report from my visit this weekend.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post: