Old 05-14-2021, 09:44 PM   #746
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I get it but I do take issue with the whole 'throw them to the wolves' mentality. I find it quite callus and possibly a side effect of the pandemic since I've witnessed people that were sweet and absolutely darling pre-pandemic say the most offensive, hateful things post-pandemic. The past 14 months have really changed some people and revealed the true character of many others. I've been sorely disappointed in many of my customers in recent months and have developed deeper bonds with the others who are just as gobsmacked as I.

Personally, I'm not vaccinated. Not because I don't want to but 1. I just became eligible less than a month ago and 2. I work 6 days a week with long hours and haven't been able to find a place stabbing people on Sundays, my only day off at this point, or staying long enough to accommodate me after work.

I kind of think this whole 'they are on their own' thing is right in line with the asshats that parade around without a mask. I've found that the people that are the most arrogant and inconsiderate about not wearing masks are 1. doctors and 2. are fully vaccinated. THAT I don't get. At ALL. But I've had multiple interactions with that exact scenario.

When people are getting shot and/or stabbed for telling someone to put on a mask, I understand the hesitancy to push it, but I'm an ornery bitch and am going to do what I feel is best for me and for my customers.

As a side note, my supervisor confirmed today that our company is continuing to require masks. Almost all businesses in my area are also continuing to do so. Looks like I get to keep giving the 'you're on private property...yada yada yada...speech'. I don't mind the speech; I mind the absolute ignorance and inconsideration of others that keeps getting replayed over and over again. It's not that freakin' hard. In your home? Mask off. In your car? Mask off. Basically anywhere else indoors? Mask on. It's not rocket science.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: