Okiebug61

How Do You Identify?:
Light Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Hitched to Red

Thanked 5,381 Times in 1,245 Posts
Okiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST ReputationOkiebug61 Has the BEST Reputation

Red's mom lived with us for 7yrs. It was always stressful and it took a great toll on Red. Her mother had dementia and as it got worse it became undeniable that it was time to let go. Having to put her mother in a nursing home was not easy but it actually extended her life. As the counselor explained, once a person reaches a point where they know no one around them it is time to let go. The facility we chose for her to live in took her without any expectations and that was the answer. Red could no longer deal with watching her mother fade. Red needed to let go for her own sanity. The people where Red's mom lived knew her how she was not how she use to be. That is the hard part of letting go, you think your care and love will bring them back, the truth is it won't. It becomes a guilt trip for a lot of people.

Dee I don't know your exact situation but I will send positive thoughts your way. It's not easy and I commend you for deciding to take this on. Your mother has a great daughter and I hope you know that about yourself.

Peace!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Okiebug61 For This Useful Post: