View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 05:40 AM   #5
Sassy

How Do You Identify?:
Female
Relationship Status:
Together

Thanked 1,928 Times in 460 Posts
Sassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST ReputationSassy Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy Sad situation

My family is from the south, and yes, it's some unspoken rule that we don't discuss anything that makes anyone uncomfortable, at all, ever.
If this were a new relationship I would at least better understand the tension. But my partner and I have been together over four years and are planning a wedding for later this year. It's as if the more SIL realizes this isn't a "phase" the more she distances herself and pulls her family away.
I've known her since she was 17, about 15 years now.
I called her on her birthday and she wouldn't pick up the phone. She texted later and accused my partner of picking out a present for one of her kids that would intentionally upset him. My Love would never do that. But I was the one who picked out all of the Christmas gifts for my family, especially the kids - I don't have kids of my own so it's the best part of Xmas to me, shopping for the nephews.
I know she was making an excuse for her behavior. I'm just struggling to accept this situation. I'm a fixer, and this won't be fixed. She's gone back to church and started quoting republicans and Duck Dynasty people in the past year.
I think that she blocked me on social media just after we announced the wedding plans.
Anyway. Thank you to everyone who has offered suggestions, and any other suggestions that come.
I suspect that all I can do is distance myself from the pain and continue to be a loving sister to my brother in hopes of not losing that relationship.

Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sassy For This Useful Post: