View Single Post
Old 01-20-2020, 08:00 AM   #116
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,131 Times in 3,011 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I was honored to be one of the head organizers for our first Women's March in my city. It went SO well. It was only 10 degrees out and we had a storm blowing in 2 hours after the march speakers started but we still had a phenomenal turnout. The speakers were powerful- speaking on Climate change, Reproductive Justice, Immigration, and local history of issues that impact women in history. At one point I was running alongside the march on the sidewalk to try to see how far we were stretched out but I couldn't see the end. I almost cried when I saw that. It was such a powerful feeling seeing everyone coming together and knowing I was able to be part of making that happen. We ended the march where I work and for the first time ever in herstory, every room we have was at capacity. Everyone was kind and helpful and energized and positive. We had asked people to march with integrity and positivity and, for the most part, people did. Huge success and we are def on to do this again next year!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: