Thread: Big Butch Love
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 08:41 PM   #33
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
It makes perfect sense. But my discomfort over my weight issue does equate or apply to someone else. My weight is NOT OKAY with me; it's costing me money for new clothes and something is wrong medically that needs to be addressed. These are valid points in my life, not yours[/U] and I resent the comment fat panick when it could be a health issue at 53. I'm entitled to set standards for my life and my body, alone, no one else's. The thread was started to see how butches might see, feel and express themselves as butches on the subject of weight. And yeah, I am positive for them no matter what they look like. Weight, looks and other surface noise would never enter into a friendship with them or treat them in any manner that made anyone feel "less than". But having been made to feel that way today myself, I'll step out and leave this thread to y'all who are supportive and loving towards big butches.
My intent is not to attack you. And I should have tread more gently entering a thread where you already felt defensive. I respect your feelings and your weight loss and health needs. I think the dissonance started with the title of the thread which promised enjoyment and acceptance of big butches. In that regard, striving to be different than as one is, rather than to be loved as one is, is in disagreement with the title of the thread. I hope that makes sense. Again, no disrespect was intended to you, and I apologize for posting bluntly. I wish you the best, and hey, maybe if some Big Butch Appreciation follows this rocky start, it may be healthy for even moderately chubby butches who are freaked and despairing at age related or other changes, to see that some appreciate them just how they are.
Thank you for listening.
I am butch, btw. But generally Butch Love-ers come in all stripes.
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post: