Thread: Big Butch Love
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #39
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by T D View Post

Interesting thread. It also seems to be darn near full of angst of all types.

2 things I know for sure; 1) Mood stabilizing medications generally cause weight gain. This can be quite uncomfortable for those who don't normally gain weight. 2) Life changes drastically in ones 50's, especially if your post menopausal. Menopause in general creates tremendous changes in the female body. It's not necessarily a lot of fun, and not the same for everyone.

Having said these things, it seems to me that if one feels like they're fat (really and truly), feels uncomfortable in their skin, and doesn't like it, then why not bring it to a forum as a topic to discuss. Just my opinion of course. Like many of you I don't find Jet overweight, but then again I haven't seen a recent photo apparently. I think it's how Jet "feels" that counts the most in his post.

Anyway, I've been overweight most of my life. I've had times when I didn't like it, felt uncomfortable, lacking in confidence, etc. But I remember at some point in my life realizing that not everyone is attracted or in liking of everyone else, and we really have no control over that. Sooooo, if someone was gonna like me they were just gonna like me how I am, and for who I am. Quite honestly I've never had a problem meeting people who are attracted to me, so I have to say I don't think size really has much to do with it. However I DO know how size can effect our own self esteem.

Meanwhile, this past year I decided that I was just plain sick and tired of not being able to select clothing (clothing that I LIKE) right off the rack, buy shirts that didn't hang down to my knees, and paying the "fat tax" on top of this for said clothes. I'm losing weight, and that's that!

My size has never been a deciding factor in who I date. I've dated women who weighed 100lbs soaking wet, and women who weighed over 200lbs, and everything in between. Who we're attracted to is just plain and simply who we're attracted too, period!

Stepping down now

Well TD, I'm about ready to post a pic from december and they suck. About clothes, I struggle...dress clothes for my work are expensive, or they can be and it's disheartening to buy clothes and find a month later I can't wear them. It's rapid weight gain and I'm concerned. I'd like to throw on a pair of bib overalls and be done with it, but i can't corporate style.
Thanks for participating in the thread.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote