How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
JAGG
Relationship Status:
=)

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,545 Times in 4,142 Posts
JAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST ReputationJAGG Has the BEST Reputation

When I was in my early 20's I was a Marine and traveled all the time,I was either just back from a deployment, getting ready to be deployed , or deployed somewhere, so I never wanted anything long term. If I was attracted to someone and she wanted to have some fun that was all I wanted. And it worked out great for me, and it was a very wise thing to do in hindsight. That way when I deployed I was free to do as I wanted. And no one was longing for me to get back to them, and I was able to live in the moment and not be wishing my lover was there etc. So basically every one was a booty call to me.
When I got out I moved to Tulsa AKA femmelessville USA and thought I would settle down find a good femme and get married maybe start a family, like my twin did and all my other siblings. My twin has been with the same femme for 24 yrs.
I however am not so lucky in love so to speak. The dream of getting married and having a family etc is fading . The family thing I gave up on that years ago. But I still held out hope of finding someone to spend my life with. But here lately I'm thinking maybe I should rethink all that. It's been nothing but one dead end disappoint after another. Plus I look at some people and the "partnerships" they are in and they are soooo unhappy and tied to the ball and chain, they are just miserable. Or this one is cheating on that one, or this one is abusive to that one etc. Sometimes I think I don't want any part of that, and I am better off and maybe I am really lucky that I have been alone all these years. Watching someone devote 19 yrs to someone else only to have them run off with another and leave them broke and broken. Nothing to show for 19 yrs except a broken heart. I know some people have been together a long time and don't cheat and are not abusive , but are they really happy? If they were deeply honest with themselves are they really truely happy , as happy as I am? I don't know.
Maybe I don't know what I want anymore. But I have really been thinking more and more that maybe I should go back to my old way of dating. Reading this booty call thread, really makes me think maybe that is the way to go for me. I don't know.