CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

So, even though I'm a strong feminist and pro-choice advocate I don't think Kavanaugh's hostility towards women's autonomy is the most solid case against his appointment. Honoring settled law is an important concept, but the SCOTUS upheld anti-sodomy laws in 1986. That was 'settled law' for many years. Not that I'm equating the two, but I don't think a philosophy of rigid adherence to settled law is a good way to choose jurists because then we're mired in arguments about which settled laws we're inclined to keep.

Kavanaugh has perjured himself more than a few times. That's why the White House and the Senate Judiciary Committee have so zealously tried to keep his records secret. Kavanaugh is a fervent partisan who had no trouble promoting sordid conspiracy theories about Vince Foster's suicide, for instance. He has also sanctimoniously claimed that anyone who has ever committed perjury, (Bill Clinton), is unfit to serve. This article succinctly sums up the obvious:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-hearings.html