View Single Post
Old 12-02-2016, 07:54 PM   #48
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by meridiantoo View Post
2) Just be an 'armchair warrior' and not participate in some way, in some form in making the world a better place, however you picture that. Passion without action is wasted energy. I understand being fed up with the political process, the corruption, the deception. But, all of us are capable in participating at even the grass roots level of helping to create change.
This really resonates with me now that the election is over. I cannot stand the people who are so incensed with Trump winning, but who just sit back in their "armchairs" and whine and do nothing about it. They claim to be in such despair about the injustices that will be infiltrating their lives but don't get involved in working on a solution. Sitting around behind a screen all day, whether it is a computer and/or television, railing against the system, focusing only on how the election was lost rather on what to do next. Fight back for fucks sake. Join, volunteer, be active. Become a part of the solution. Stop being fucking passive.Ugh. Take the time you spend bitching and moaning and dissecting a done for now deal, and help those, including yourselves, who are being directly affected EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

If you are going to act like you really give a shit, actively give a shit and be the difference you want to see rather than expect others to do it for you.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post: