View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 09:29 AM   #24
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,159 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

DWM. Which festival are you thinking of?
The one I've talked to you about before?

We have a large traditional dance community here and one of the cool parts of it is a lot of gender bending. Not necessarily about being attracted to the same sex, but that it's a place where the even some of the most traditional men bust out their skirts and dresses and dance with each other and the women dance with each other wearing whatever they want and taking turns leading how they please.

One of my closest friends and I were both partnered for years to soft butches who would not go dancing with us. We both loved the OFOS atmosphere at the traditional dances here, and would leave our partners at home and go dance with the men, snickering about it a lot, but having fun with the dancing part of it all. Too bad we never had any of the OFOS butches come to the dances but maybe someday there will be an infusion!
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: